Thursday, October 23, 2008

Night of the Living Dead

Wanted: Undead or Alive


The first horror movie I ever saw was a 1968 film about corpses that came back to life. It was a life changing event for me. I was horrified and an anxious wreck, but I loved every minute of it. When I watched Night of the Living Dead that first time, my love affair with horror movies was born!

Every Halloween season, I break out the ol' Night of the Living Dead dvd. This nostalgic tradition almost always reflares my passion for horror. For over an hour I am an eleven year old kid again, horrified, as I watch ghouls eat bits and pieces of human flesh. Yum!

I could not recommend this movie to everyone. Not even all fans of horror would like this. Not even all fans of the zombie subgenre would like this. I've known many who find NOTLD to be dated and boring. But horror fans that have a particular taste for independent films or classic films should enjoy this. In fact, I'm sure that most horror fans have seen this already. If you haven't seen it, what are you waiting for, the dead to rise?

My Rating
ABOVE AVERAGE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

about time you posted something!

you are so talented at writing! this is my favorite post yet, it gave me a glimpse into you :)

i can just picture you at 11, watching this movie!

Jon Marshall said...

yeah, I was pretty scared at 11. But I'd bet 11 year olds these days wouldn't be scared. Kids are too jaded.